The Bard's Tale
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure.
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through song you summon magical characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage! Also to include a free download of the original Bard's Tale trilogy!
Loosely based on (or "inspired by", if you will) the classic Bard's Tale series that began as an Apple II RPG in 1985, this new installment brings a fresh dose of comedy to the genre. Is a dragon terrorizing the locals? The Bard will take care of it... for the right price. Local princess held captive? The Bard is your man... as long as she's hot. Use the Snarky/Nice conversation to pick the tone. Your attitude will affect the events that unfold and create a personalized experience for each player. Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding - sixteen summoned creatures in all. The game features locations based on the storied land of the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland - the inspiration for the classic fantasy worlds.
- Also to include a FREE DOWNLOAD of the original Bard's Tale trilogy!
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more.
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s, 50 enemy types and over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat.
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you.
- Over 50 ACHIEVEMENTS spread throughout the game and LEADERBOARDS for accumulated Silver and Experience!
- Optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence.)
"We are excited to bring The Bard's Tale to Tegra devices because they support the highest levels of game performance. And NVIDIA's development tools and support were amazing!"
— Stephane Jacoby, Co-founder & Technical Director, Square One Games